Buy Morocco Avocados Directly From Exporters & Suppliers - Best of 2020 Market Prices
|Varieties||Hass, Gwen, Pinkerton Zutano, Bacon|
|Packing||Telescopic corrugated cardboard boxes of 4kg,10 kgs|
|Storage||7.5 degrees Celsius|
|Transport Conditions||7.5 degrees Celsius|
Morocco avocados are among the most exported globally. The country increased her production by 150% in 2019, most of it being exported to the EU market.
Avocados Persea Americana is an evergreen tree in the family Lauraceae which is grown for its nutritious avocado fruit. The avocado tree is large and dome and oval leaves arranged in a spiral on the tips of the branch. Avocado trees produce clusters of small, green flowers at the end of the twigs and a sizeable fleshly pear-shaped fruit of 7 to 20 cm with a single large seed of 5 to 6 cm. The fruits can be purple to dark green in colour with smooth or pebbly skin depending on its variety. The flesh of the fruit is green in colour and has the consistency of butter.
Avocado trees are grown from seeds and can take 5 to 7 years to produce fruit and can reach a height of 20 cm. Crafted plants may produce within 1 to 2 years the avocado is usually consumed as a fruit or as a component in salads or server dishes. The fruit, seed leaves and its oil are sometimes used in medicine and cosmetic industry. Avocado is used for high cholesterol sexual desire arthritis psoriasis and many other conditions, but there is no scientific evidence to support this uses
Avocados are believed to have possibly originated in Mexico and then spread out. The early fruit growers of morocco were originally all foreigners mainly French and Spanish
The following are varieties of morocco avocados:
- Hass; it is oval shaped with pebbly skin and small-medium seed. Distinctive for its skin that turns green to purplish-black when ripe. It is the most common variety of avocado in morocco.
- Gwen; it is plump oval-shaped with a pebbly skin with a small-medium seed, Gwen is similar in appearance texture and taste to Hass but slightly larger
- Pinkerton; it is a long pear-shaped, with slight pebbly skin and has small seeds. They yield more fruit per tree and are available in full range of sizes early winter through spring.
- Zutano; its shiny, yellow-green skin easily recognizes it, the Zutano is one of the ” season opener” varieties harvested when the season begins and is available through early winter
- Bacon; is a green-skinned type of good quality and is a medium-sized fruit.
The avocado is cultivated over a climate with a 2500 m altitude above sea level is the most ideal. The tree requires warm temperatures with a minimum not falling below 70 degrees Celsius; avocado trees are not tolerant to frost. Avocados require rainfall conditions of 1000 to 1500 mm per annum and well distributed throughout the year. An avocado tree can grow well in a variety of soil types with alkaline or acidic pH levels.
The flowering of avocado trees in morocco takes place from March to June and harvesting is done from July through November. Since most of the varieties do not change colour on maturity, a few fruits should be picked and stored at room temperature for 7 to 10 days. If they soften without withering, then the fruit is ready for harvesting. Fruits should not be pulled from the stalk but be cut off leaving a 3 cm stalk.
Avocados are usually packed for transport in telescopic corrugated cardboard boxes of 10 kgs with a large cover. Morocco exports most of its avocados to Europe, The USA and other African countries.
Sign up today to get connected with buyers and sellers of Morocco avocados.
Get Instant Quote