Croatia cheese export quantities and HS Codes
The volume of cheese sold by Croatia in 2020 was 8,381 tons. In 2019 Croatia exported 8,655 tonnes of cheese. For 2019 alone, the market for Croatia cheese (processed category) has reduced, changing by -13.163 % compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, cheese's exports went up by 17.21 pc bringing Croatia US$34.77m for the year 2019. Croatia's cheese exports are classified as:
- Fresh cheese "unripened or uncured cheese", incl. whey cheese, and curd (HS code 040610)
- Grated or powdered cheese, of all kinds (HS code 040620)
- Cheese (excluding fresh cheese, incl. whey cheese, curd, processed cheese, blue-veined cheese and other cheese containing veins produced by "Penicillium roqueforti", and grated or powdered cheese) (HS code 040690)
- Blue-veined cheese and other cheese containing veins produced by "Penicillium roqueforti" (HS code 040640)
- Processed cheese, not grated or powdered (HS code 040630)
Are you a producer of cheese or other products?
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell cheese.
Croatia cheese export values
In 2019, Croatia sold cheese worth 34.77m USD, a decrease of -16.31% from 2018's total cheese export of 41.544m USD. The annual reduction in value of Croatia cheese between 2017 to 2018 was 18.09 percent.
The annual/yearly variation in the volume of Croatia's cheese exports between 2017 and 2019 was 17.21 per cent when compared to a variation of -13.163% in the growth rate between 2018 and 2019.
Croatia's share of the world's total cheese's exports in 2019 was less than 1%. Croatia holds position 49 in world exports of cheese.
Export markets for Croatia cheese ( in '000$ )
Croatia's best performing destinations for cheese are Slovenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Slovakia and Montenegro.
Croatia is a net importer of cheese. The annual growth of Croatia cheese in value between 2015 to 2019 was 150%, per annum, while annual growth in quantity for the same period was 10%, per annum.
Croatia purchased 34,595 tonnes of cheese in 2019.
Click here for price analysis of Croatia cheese.
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell cheese
Production of other produce in the Processed category in Croatia: Milk & Cream, Yogurt, Kefir & Buttermilk, Whey, Butter, Natural Honey, Coffee, Green Tea, Black Tea and Yerba mate.
See the production of cheese in other countries across Europe : Georgia cheese, Albania cheese, Belarus cheese, Bosnia and Herzegovina cheese, Bulgaria cheese, Croatia cheese, Czech Republic cheese, Estonia cheese, Greece cheese and Hungary cheese.
Nutrition: cheese calories and other nutrition facts