Switzerland vegetables export quantities and HS Codes
The amount of vegetables exported by Switzerland in 2020 was 6,128 tonnes. In 2019 Switzerland sold 4,832 tonnes of vegetables. Across 2019 alone, the market for Switzerland vegetables (vegetables category) has gone down, changing by -9.581 percent compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, vegetables' exports reduced by -21.76 pc bringing Switzerland US$20.26m for the year 2019. Switzerland's vegetables exports are classified as:
- Vegetables and mixtures of vegetables, prepared or preserved otherwise than by vinegar, non-frozen (excluding preserved by sugar, homogenized vegetables of subheading 2005.10, and tomatoes, mushrooms, truffles, potatoes, peas "Pisum sativum", beans "Vigna, Phaseolus", asparagus, olives and sweet corn "Zea Mays var. Saccharata", unmixed) (HS code 200590)
- Vegetables and mixtures of vegetables, prepared or preserved otherwise than by vinegar or acetic acid, frozen (excluding preserved by sugar, and tomatoes, mushrooms, truffles and potatoes, unmixed) (HS code 200490)
- Dried, shelled leguminous vegetables, whether or not skinned or split (excluding peas, chickpeas, beans, lentils, broad beans, horse beans and pigeon peas) (HS code 071390)
- Fresh or chilled vegetables n.e.s. (HS code 070999)
- Dried vegetables and mixtures of vegetables, whole, cut, sliced, broken or in powder, but not further prepared (excluding onions, mushrooms and truffles, not mixed) (HS code 071290)
- Fresh or chilled vegetables (excluding potatoes, tomatoes, vegetables of the Allium spp., cabbages of the genus Brassica, lettuces of the species Lactuca sativa and Cichorium, carrots, turnips, salad beetroot, salsify, celeriac, radishes and similar edible roots, cucumbers and gherkins, leguminous vegetables, asparagus, aubergines, mushrooms, truffles, fruits of the genus Capsicum or of the genus Pimenta, spinach, New Zealand spinach and orache spinach) (HS code 070990)
- Vegetables, uncooked or cooked by steaming or by boiling in water, frozen (excluding potatoes, leguminous vegetables, spinach, New Zealand spinach, orache spinach, and sweetcorn) (HS code 071080)
- Homogenised vegetables put up for retail sale as infant food or for dietetic purposes, in containers of <= 250 g (HS code 200510)
Are you a producer of vegetables or other products?
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell vegetables.
Switzerland vegetables export values
In 2019, Switzerland supplied vegetables worth 20.26m USD, an increase of 5.61% from 2018's total vegetables export of 19.184m USD. The yearly increase in value of Switzerland vegetables between 2017 to 2018 was -30.21%.
The annual/yearly change in the quantity of Switzerland's vegetables exports between 2017 and 2019 was -21.76% when compared to a variation of -9.581% in the growth rate between 2018 and 2019.
Export markets for Switzerland vegetables ( in '000$ )
Switzerland's leading export markets for vegetables are Japan, Australia, Singapore, Norway and the Philippines.
Switzerland procured 686,768 tonnes of vegetables in 2019.
The production of vegetables in Switzerland was 3,202,048 tonnes in 2019 and is predicted to change by an average of -7.29%. The country had an estimated 143,552.00 hectares under vegetables cultivation.
Click here for price analysis of Switzerland vegetables.
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell vegetables
Production of other produce in the Vegetables category in Switzerland: Tomatoes, Onions, Leeks, Cauliflowers and broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbages, Lettuce, Chicory, Carrots and beetroot, salsify & celeriac.
See the production of vegetables in other countries across Europe : Georgia vegetables, Albania vegetables, Belarus vegetables, Bosnia and Herzegovina vegetables, Bulgaria vegetables, Croatia vegetables, Czech Republic vegetables, Estonia vegetables, Greece vegetables and Hungary vegetables.