Rwanda fish export quantities
In 2019 Rwanda sold 1,312 tonnes of fish. For the year 2019 alone, the market for Rwanda fish (fish category) has surged, flactuating by 105 pc compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, fish's exports decreased by -85.25% netting the exporter US$1.84m for the year 2019. Rwanda's fish exports are categorised as:
- Fresh or chilled fish, n.e.s. (HS code 030289)
- Dried fish, even salted but not smoked (excluding fillets, offal and cod) (HS code 030559)
- Frozen freshwater and saltwater fish (excluding salmonidae, flat fish, tunas, skipjack or stripe-bellied bonito, herrings, cod, swordfish, toothfish, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, haddock, coalfish, mackerel, dogfish and other sharks, eels, sea bass and hake) (HS code 030379)
- Frozen fish, n.e.s. (HS code 030389)
- Smoked fish, incl. fillets (excluding offal, Pacific salmon, Atlantic salmon, Danube salmon, herring, trout, tilapia, catfish, carp, eels, Nile perch and snakeheads) (HS code 030549)
- Fresh or chilled freshwater and saltwater fish (excluding salmonidae, flat fish, tunas, skipjack or stripe-bellied bonito, herrings, cod, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, haddock, coalfish, mackerel, sharks, eels, swordfish and toothfish) (HS code 030269)
- Fish, salted or in brine only (excluding fillets, offal, herring, cod, anchovies, tilapia, catfish, carp, eels, Nile perch and snakeheads) (HS code 030569)
- Prepared or preserved fish (excluding whole or in pieces) (HS code 160420)
- Prepared or preserved fish, whole or in pieces (excluding minced, merely smoked, and salmon, herrings, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, tunas, skipjack, bonito "sarda spp.", mackerel, anchovies and eels) (HS code 160419)
Are you a producer of fish or other products?
Apply to sell your produce directly to buyers worldwide.
Sign Up To Find Market
Rwanda fish export values
In 2019, Rwanda shipped fish worth 1.84m USD, a growth of 130.00% from 2018's total fish export of 0.8m USD. The annual change in value of Rwanda fish between 2017 to 2018 was -92.604%.
The annual/yearly variation in the quantity of Rwanda's fish exports between 2017 and 2019 was -85.25 per cent compared to a variation of 105% in the period between 2018 and 2019.
Export markets for Rwanda fish ( in '000$ )
Rwanda brought in 171,856 tonnes of fish in 2019.