Morocco fish export quantities
In 2019 Morocco exported 37,584 tonnes of fish. For the year 2019 alone, the demand for Morocco fish (fish category) has surged, flactuating by 8.396 % compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, fish's exports decreased by -4.87 pc netting Morocco US$182.76m for the year 2019. Morocco's fish exports are classified as:
- Dried fish, even salted but not smoked (excluding fillets, offal and cod) (HS code 030559)
- Prepared or preserved fish, whole or in pieces (excluding minced, merely smoked, and salmon, herrings, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, tunas, skipjack, bonito "sarda spp.", mackerel, anchovies and eels) (HS code 160419)
- Smoked fish, incl. fillets (excluding offal, Pacific salmon, Atlantic salmon, Danube salmon, herring, trout, tilapia, catfish, carp, eels, Nile perch and snakeheads) (HS code 030549)
- Fresh or chilled freshwater and saltwater fish (excluding salmonidae, flat fish, tunas, skipjack or stripe-bellied bonito, herrings, cod, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, haddock, coalfish, mackerel, sharks, eels, swordfish and toothfish) (HS code 030269)
- Fresh or chilled fish, n.e.s. (HS code 030289)
- Prepared or preserved fish (excluding whole or in pieces) (HS code 160420)
- Fish, salted or in brine only (excluding fillets, offal, herring, cod, anchovies, tilapia, catfish, carp, eels, Nile perch and snakeheads) (HS code 030569)
- Frozen fish, n.e.s. (HS code 030389)
- Frozen freshwater and saltwater fish (excluding salmonidae, flat fish, tunas, skipjack or stripe-bellied bonito, herrings, cod, swordfish, toothfish, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, haddock, coalfish, mackerel, dogfish and other sharks, eels, sea bass and hake) (HS code 030379)
Are you a producer of fish or other products?
Apply to sell your produce directly to buyers worldwide.
Sign Up To Find Market
Morocco fish export values
In 2019, Morocco supplied fish valued at 182.76m USD, an increase of 1.13% from 2018's total fish export of 180.712m USD. The yearly increase in value of Morocco fish between 2017 to 2018 was -0.21314426%.
The per year variation in the amount of Morocco's fish exports between 2017 and 2019 was -4.87 percent compared to a variation of 8.396% in the period between 2018 and 2019.
Morocco's stake of the world's total fish's exports in 2019 was less than 1%. Morocco is ranked position 39 in world exports of fish.
Export markets for Morocco fish ( in '000$ )
Morocco is a net exporter of fish. The annual growth of Morocco fish in value between 2015 to 2019 was -11%, per year, while annual growth in quantity through the same period was -4%, per annum.
Morocco brought in 5,531 tonnes of fish in 2019.