Buy Senegal Snails Directly From Exporters & Suppliers - Best of 2021 Market Prices
|Size||12inches largest,5mm smallest|
|Variety||lautoconus guinaicus, lautoconus hybridus, lautoconus Guanche, lautoconus unifasciatus, lautoconus reticulates, lautoconus belairensis, lautoconus Mercator, lautoconus cloveri, lautoconus bruguieresi, lautoconus borgesi, lautoconus ventricosus|
|Season||Dry season months in the first half of the year|
|Storage and Packing||Keep moist, temperatures of 2-6 degrees Celsius, polythene bags|
|Transport Conditions||Transported in well ventilated trucks|
Senegal snails are gastropod mollusks that belong to the Mollusca species and Gastropoda class. They have no backbones and carry a shell on their back, which they retreat into when they sense any form of danger or attack.
Generally, there are two types of snails, the land snail which lives on land and the sea or freshwater snail that lives in water. Most land snails have shells, while some sea shells lack shells.
Snail is a common name used for most members of the molluscan class. The scientific name for this insect is Gastropoda, most members of the Gastropoda have a large, coiled shell.
Senegal snails vary in size, depending on their habitation and the species. Some snails are a few inches long and weigh just a few ounces while some are up to 12 inches long. The giant African land snail is among the largest land snails measuring up to about 12 inches long while others.
There are micro-snail varieties such as the Angustopila dominikae that’s less than 5 millimeters in length.
There is a wide array of Senegal snails. Most of which are predatory and venomous and, as such, must be handled with utmost care. Some of them include; lautoconus guinaicus, lautoconus hybridus, lautoconus Guanche, lautoconus unifasciatus, lautoconus reticulates, lautoconus belairensis, lautoconus Mercator, lautoconus cloveri, lautoconus bruguieresi, lautoconus borgesi and lautoconus ventricosus
- Conus Guanche: the size of its shell is between 22mm and 25mm and has a moderately raised spire. These shells have a dark brown background color.
- Conus unifasciatus: its shell is between 22 and 37mmwith a chocolate color. The shell has a broad yellowish-brown band just below the shoulder.
- Conus Mercator: it is also known as the trader cone. Its shell is between 20 and 50mm and is ash-gray.
- Conus cloveri: The size of its shell varies between 15 mm and 42 mm.
- Conus ventricosus: common name the Mediterranean cone. Its shell varies between 13 and 63mm and is usually yellow-brown, pink-brown or olive in color.
- Conus guinaicus: the shell varies between 22mm and 60mm and is inflated and thin. The shell is chestnut in color.
The different types of snails are available at different times. General availability is, however, noted for all species in the dry season, which is usually the first half of each year.
Snails are always be kept moist and under cool temperatures of between 2-6 degrees. This is to maintain the freshness and quality of the product. They are packed in polythene bags that are branded with the name, country of origin, manufacture and expiry date before they are shipped for market
Snails are transported using refrigerated vans that are well ventilated. The temperature during transport should be kept below 6 degrees Celsius. They are also held at controlled humidity levels to prevent them from decaying.
For quality, tasty Senegal snails, order from us. We give you the best prices for the best quality.
Get Instant Quote