South Africa duck meat export quantities
In 2019 South Africa exported 393,864 tonnes of duck meat. Across 2019 alone, the demand for South Africa duck meat (meat category) has decreased, flactuating by -25.167 percent compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, duck meat's exports reduced by -37.36 pc bringing the exporter US$3.20m for the year 2019. South Africa's duck meat exports are classified as:
- Fresh or chilled domestic ducks, not cut in pieces (HS code 020741)
- Frozen cuts and edible offal of domestic ducks (HS code 020745)
- Fresh or chilled cuts and edible offal of domestic ducks (excluding fatty livers) (HS code 020744)
- Fresh or chilled edible fatty livers of ducks or geese of the species domesticus (HS code 020734)
- Frozen cuts and edible offal of ducks, geese or guinea fowls of the species domesticus (HS code 020736)
- Frozen domestic ducks, not cut in pieces (HS code 020742)
- Fresh or chilled cuts and edible offal of ducks, geese or guinea fowls of the species domesticus (excluding fatty livers) (HS code 020735)
- Prepared or preserved meat or meat offal of ducks, geese and guinea fowl of the species domesticus (excluding sausages and similar products, finely homogenised preparations put up for retail sale as infant food or for dietetic purposes, in containers of a net weight of <= 250 g, preparations of liver and meat extracts and juices) (HS code 160239)
- Fatty livers of domestic ducks, fresh or chilled (HS code 020743)
Are you a producer of duck meat or other products?
Apply to sell your produce directly to buyers worldwide.
Sign Up To Find Market
South Africa duck meat export values
In 2019, South Africa sold duck meat valued at 3.20m USD, a surge of 29.55% from 2018's total duck meat export of 2.47m USD. The yearly growth in value of South Africa duck meat between 2017 to 2018 was 0.24350649 percent.
The per year variation in the amount of South Africa's duck meat exports between 2017 and 2019 was -37.36 pc in comparison to a variation of -25.167% in the period between 2018 and 2019.
South Africa's portion of the world's total duck meat's exports in 2019 was less than 1%. The country is ranked position 29 in world exports of duck meat.
Export markets for South Africa duck meat ( in '000$ )
South Africa's best performing destinations for duck meat are Botswana, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Mozambique and Malawi.
South Africa is a net exporter of duck meat. The annual growth of South Africa duck meat in value between 2015 to 2019 was -28%, per annum, while annual growth in quantity during the same period was -23%, per annum.
South Africa ordered 476 tonnes of duck meat in 2019.