Morocco vegetables export quantities and HS Codes
In 2019 Morocco shipped 268,672 tonnes of vegetables. In 2019 alone, the market for Morocco vegetables (vegetables category) has climbed, with a change of 22.449 percent compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, vegetables' exports went up by 28.13 percent bringing the exporter US$331.31m for the year 2019. Morocco's vegetables exports are categorised as:
- Vegetables, uncooked or cooked by steaming or by boiling in water, frozen (excluding potatoes, leguminous vegetables, spinach, New Zealand spinach, orache spinach, and sweetcorn) (HS code 071080)
- Fresh or chilled vegetables (excluding potatoes, tomatoes, vegetables of the Allium spp., cabbages of the genus Brassica, lettuces of the species Lactuca sativa and Cichorium, carrots, turnips, salad beetroot, salsify, celeriac, radishes and similar edible roots, cucumbers and gherkins, leguminous vegetables, asparagus, aubergines, mushrooms, truffles, fruits of the genus Capsicum or of the genus Pimenta, spinach, New Zealand spinach and orache spinach) (HS code 070990)
- Dried, shelled leguminous vegetables, whether or not skinned or split (excluding peas, chickpeas, beans, lentils, broad beans, horse beans and pigeon peas) (HS code 071390)
- Homogenised vegetables put up for retail sale as infant food or for dietetic purposes, in containers of <= 250 g (HS code 200510)
- Vegetables and mixtures of vegetables, prepared or preserved otherwise than by vinegar or acetic acid, frozen (excluding preserved by sugar, and tomatoes, mushrooms, truffles and potatoes, unmixed) (HS code 200490)
- Dried vegetables and mixtures of vegetables, whole, cut, sliced, broken or in powder, but not further prepared (excluding onions, mushrooms and truffles, not mixed) (HS code 071290)
- Vegetables and mixtures of vegetables, prepared or preserved otherwise than by vinegar, non-frozen (excluding preserved by sugar, homogenized vegetables of subheading 2005.10, and tomatoes, mushrooms, truffles, potatoes, peas "Pisum sativum", beans "Vigna, Phaseolus", asparagus, olives and sweet corn "Zea Mays var. Saccharata", unmixed) (HS code 200590)
- Fresh or chilled vegetables n.e.s. (HS code 070999)
Are you a producer of vegetables or other products?
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell vegetables.
Morocco vegetables export values
In 2019, Morocco sold vegetables costing 331.31m USD, an increment of 38.14% from 2018's total vegetables export of 239.832m USD. The yearly growth in value of Morocco vegetables between 2017 to 2018 was -11.769%.
The annual variation in the volume of Morocco's vegetables exports between 2017 and 2019 was 28.13% in comparison to a variation of 22.449% in the period between 2018 and 2019.
Export markets for Morocco vegetables ( in '000$ )
Morocco's leading destinations for vegetables are Colombia, Mexico, Greece, Lebanon and India.
Morocco brought in 5,912 tonnes of vegetables in 2019.
The production of vegetables in Morocco was 11,350,112 tonnes in 2019 and is forecast to change by an average of -10.17%. The country had approximately 710,240.00 hectares under vegetables cultivation.
Click here for price analysis of Morocco vegetables.
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell vegetables
Production of other produce in the Vegetables category in Morocco: Tomatoes, Onions, Leeks, Cauliflowers and broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbages, Lettuce, Chicory, Carrots and beetroot, salsify & celeriac.
See the production of vegetables in other countries across Africa : Algeria vegetables, Angola vegetables, Botswana vegetables, Burundi vegetables, Cameroon vegetables, Cape Verde vegetables, Central African Republic vegetables, Comoros vegetables, DRC Congo vegetables and Benin vegetables.