Jamaica fish export quantities
In 2019 Jamaica exported 176 tonnes of fish. Across 2019 alone, the interest in Jamaica fish (fish category) has increased, changing by 28.467 % compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, fish's exports grew by 70.87% bringing the exporter US$0.90m for the year 2019. Jamaica's fish exports are categorised as:
- Prepared or preserved fish, whole or in pieces (excluding minced, merely smoked, and salmon, herrings, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, tunas, skipjack, bonito "sarda spp.", mackerel, anchovies and eels) (HS code 160419)
- Prepared or preserved fish (excluding whole or in pieces) (HS code 160420)
- Smoked fish, incl. fillets (excluding offal, Pacific salmon, Atlantic salmon, Danube salmon, herring, trout, tilapia, catfish, carp, eels, Nile perch and snakeheads) (HS code 030549)
- Fish, salted or in brine only (excluding fillets, offal, herring, cod, anchovies, tilapia, catfish, carp, eels, Nile perch and snakeheads) (HS code 030569)
- Fresh or chilled freshwater and saltwater fish (excluding salmonidae, flat fish, tunas, skipjack or stripe-bellied bonito, herrings, cod, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, haddock, coalfish, mackerel, sharks, eels, swordfish and toothfish) (HS code 030269)
- Dried fish, even salted but not smoked (excluding fillets, offal and cod) (HS code 030559)
- Frozen freshwater and saltwater fish (excluding salmonidae, flat fish, tunas, skipjack or stripe-bellied bonito, herrings, cod, swordfish, toothfish, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, haddock, coalfish, mackerel, dogfish and other sharks, eels, sea bass and hake) (HS code 030379)
- Fresh or chilled fish, n.e.s. (HS code 030289)
- Frozen fish, n.e.s. (HS code 030389)
Are you a producer of fish or other products?
Apply to sell your produce directly to buyers worldwide.
Sign Up To Find Market
Jamaica fish export values
In 2019, Jamaica shipped fish worth 0.90m USD, an increment of 31.77% from 2018's total fish export of 0.683m USD. The annual increase in value of Jamaica fish between 2017 to 2018 was 50.773 pc.
The annual variation in the quantity of Jamaica's fish exports between 2017 and 2019 was 70.87 pc in comparison to a variation of 28.467% in the period between 2018 and 2019.
Export markets for Jamaica fish ( in '000$ )
Jamaica brought in 14,070 tonnes of fish in 2019.