Hong Kong beans export quantities and HS Codes
In 2019 Hong Kong shipped 591 tonnes of beans. For 2019 alone, the demand for Hong Kong beans (pulses/legumes category) has improved, flactuating by 3.141 per cent compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, beans' exports went up by 14.76 percent earning the country US$1.18m for the year 2019. Hong Kong's beans exports are classified as:
- Shelled or unshelled beans "Vigna spp., Phaseolus spp.", uncooked or cooked by steaming or by boiling in water, frozen (HS code 071022)
- Dried, shelled broad beans "Vicia faba var. major" and horse beans "Vicia faba var. equina and Vicia faba var. minor", whether or not skinned or split (HS code 071350)
- Dried, shelled beans "Vigna and Phaseolus", whether or not skinned or split (excluding beans of species "Vigna mungo [L.] Hepper or Vigna radiata [L.] Wilczek", small red "Adzuki" beans, kidney beans, Bambara beans and cow peas) (HS code 071339)
- Fresh or chilled beans "Vigna spp., Phaseolus spp.", shelled or unshelled (HS code 070820)
- Unshelled beans "Vigna spp., Phaseolus spp.", prepared or preserved otherwise than by vinegar or acetic acid (excluding frozen) (HS code 200559)
- Shelled beans "Vigna spp., Phaseolus spp.", prepared or preserved otherwise than by vinegar or acetic acid (excluding frozen) (HS code 200551)
- Dried, shelled beans of species "Vigna mungo [L.] Hepper or Vigna radiata [L.] Wilczek", whether or not skinned or split (HS code 071331)
Are you a producer of beans or other products?
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell beans.
Hong Kong beans export values
In 2019, Hong Kong supplied beans costing 1.18m USD, a reduction of -8.53% from 2018's total beans export of 1.29m USD. The annual change in value of Hong Kong beans between 2017 to 2018 was 25.121 pc.
The annual variation in the volume of Hong Kong's beans exports between 2017 and 2019 was 14.76% when compared to a variation of 3.141% in the growth rate between 2018 and 2019.
Export markets for Hong Kong beans ( in '000$ )
Hong Kong's leading destinations for beans are Israel, China, the Netherlands, Australia and United Kingdom (UK).
Hong Kong ordered 8,452 tonnes of beans in 2019.
The production of beans in Hong Kong was 2,100 tonnes in 2019 and is forecast to change by an average of 0.33%. The country had an estimated 217.00 hectares under beans cultivation.
Click here for price analysis of Hong Kong beans.
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell beans
Production of other produce in the Pulses/Legumes category in Hong Kong: Peas, Chickpeas, Red (Adzuki) Beans, Kidney Beans, Bambara beans, Cow Peas (Black Eyed Peas), Lentils, Pigeon Peas and Locust Beans.
See the production of beans in other countries across Asia : Kazakhstan beans, Kyrgyzstan beans, Tajikistan beans, Turkmenistan beans, Uzbekistan beans, China beans, Hong Kong beans, Macao beans, North Korea beans and Mongolia beans.
Nutrition: beans calories and other nutrition facts