Greece sardines export quantities and HS Codes
The quantity of sardines sold by Greece in 2020 was 849 tonnes. In 2019 Greece shipped 914 tonnes of sardines. For 2019 alone, the demand for Greece sardines (fish category) has escalated, changing by 4.817 pc compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, sardines' exports grew by 1.11 percent earning the country US$2.53m for the year 2019. Greece's sardines exports are classified as:
- Frozen sardines "Sardina pilchardus, Sardinops spp.", sardinella "Sardinella spp.", brisling or sprats "Sprattus sprattus" (HS code 030353)
- Fresh or chilled sardines (Sardina pilchardus, Sardinops spp.), sardinella (Sardinella spp.), brisling or sprats (Sprattus sprattus) (HS code 030261)
- Frozen sardines Sardina pilchardus, Sardinops spp.", sardinella "Sardinella spp." and brisling or sprats "Sprattus sprattus" (HS code 030371)
- Fresh or chilled sardines "Sardina pilchardus, Sardinops spp.", sardinella "Sardinella spp.", brisling or sprats "Sprattus sprattus" (HS code 030243)
- Prepared or preserved sardines, sardinella and brisling or sprats, whole or in pieces (excluding minced) (HS code 160413)
Are you a producer of sardines or other products?
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell sardines.
Greece sardines export values
In 2019, Greece supplied sardines with a value of 2.53m USD, a decrease of -11.66% from 2018's total sardines export of 2.864m USD. The yearly change in value of Greece sardines between 2017 to 2018 was 14.79 percent.
The yearly change in the volume of Greece's sardines exports between 2017 and 2019 was 1.11 per cent in comparison to a variation of 4.817% in the period between 2018 and 2019.
Greece's stake of the world's total sardines' exports in 2019 was less than 1%. Greece is ranked number 52 in world exports of sardines.
Export markets for Greece sardines ( in '000$ )
Greece is a net importer of sardines. The annual growth of Greece sardines in value between 2015 to 2019 was -48%, per year, while annual growth in quantity was -41%, per annum.
Greece ordered 807 tonnes of sardines in 2019.
Click here for price analysis of Greece sardines.
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell sardines
Production of other produce in the Fish category in Greece: Live Ornamental Fish, Live Trout, Live Eels, Live Carp, Live Tuna, Live Fish, Trout, Salmon, Halibut Fish and Sole Fish.
See the production of sardines in other countries across Europe : Georgia sardines, Albania sardines, Belarus sardines, Bosnia and Herzegovina sardines, Bulgaria sardines, Croatia sardines, Czech Republic sardines, Estonia sardines, Greece sardines and Hungary sardines.
Nutrition: sardines calories and other nutrition facts