Greece pig fat export quantities and HS Codes
The amount of pig fat sold by Greece in 2020 was 1,257 tonnes. In 2019 Greece exported 1,765 tonnes of pig fat. For the year 2019 alone, the demand for Greece pig fat (meat category) has shrunk, changing by -10.315 % compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, pig fat's exports went down by -24.28% earning the nation US$0.88m for the year 2019. Greece's pig fat exports are categorised as:
- Pig fat, free of lean meat, and poultry fat, not rendered or otherwise extracted, fresh, chilled, frozen, salted, in brine, dried or smoked (HS code 020900)
- Pig fat, rendered or otherwise extracted (excluding lard) (HS code 150120)
- Lard, rendered or otherwise extracted (excluding lard stearin and lard oil) (HS code 150110)
- Pig fat, incl. lard, and poultry fat, rendered or otherwise extracted (excluding lard stearin and lard oil) (HS code 150100)
- Pig fat, free of lean meat, not rendered or otherwise extracted, fresh, chilled, frozen, salted, in brine, dried or smoked (HS code 020910)
Are you a producer of pig fat or other products?
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell pig fat.
Greece pig fat export values
In 2019, Greece shipped pig fat with a value of 0.88m USD, a reduction of -20.36% from 2018's total pig fat export of 1.105m USD. The annual reduction in value of Greece pig fat between 2017 to 2018 was -14.935%.
The annual/yearly variation in the amount of Greece's pig fat exports between 2017 and 2019 was -24.28 pc in comparison to a variation of -10.315% in the period between 2018 and 2019.
Greece's stake of the world's total pig fat's exports in 2019 was less than 1%. Greece is ranked number 32 in world exports of pig fat.
Export markets for Greece pig fat ( in '000$ )
Greece's top destinations for pig fat are Sweden, Bulgaria, Serbia, Belgium and Albania.
Greece is a net importer of pig fat. The annual growth of Greece pig fat in value between 2015 to 2019 was -15%, per annum, while annual growth in quantity during the same period was -6%, per annum.
Greece brought in 6,721 tonnes of pig fat in 2019.
Click here for price analysis of Greece pig fat.
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell pig fat
Production of other produce in the Meat category in Greece: Pork, Mutton, Goat Meat, Horse Meat, Chicken Meat, Turkey Meat, Duck Meat, Geese Meat, Guinea Fowls Meat and Rabbit Meat.
See the production of pig fat in other countries across Europe : Georgia pig fat, Albania pig fat, Belarus pig fat, Bosnia and Herzegovina pig fat, Bulgaria pig fat, Croatia pig fat, Czech Republic pig fat, Estonia pig fat, Greece pig fat and Hungary pig fat.
Nutrition: pig fat calories and other nutrition facts