Ecuador sardines export quantities and HS Codes
In 2019 Ecuador exported 18,219 tonnes of sardines. For 2019 alone, the demand for Ecuador sardines (fish category) has surged, with a change of 3.913 percent compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, sardines' exports went down by -33.29 pc earning Ecuador US$35.40m for the year 2019. Ecuador's sardines exports are classified as:
- Fresh or chilled sardines (Sardina pilchardus, Sardinops spp.), sardinella (Sardinella spp.), brisling or sprats (Sprattus sprattus) (HS code 030261)
- Prepared or preserved sardines, sardinella and brisling or sprats, whole or in pieces (excluding minced) (HS code 160413)
- Frozen sardines Sardina pilchardus, Sardinops spp.", sardinella "Sardinella spp." and brisling or sprats "Sprattus sprattus" (HS code 030371)
- Fresh or chilled sardines "Sardina pilchardus, Sardinops spp.", sardinella "Sardinella spp.", brisling or sprats "Sprattus sprattus" (HS code 030243)
- Frozen sardines "Sardina pilchardus, Sardinops spp.", sardinella "Sardinella spp.", brisling or sprats "Sprattus sprattus" (HS code 030353)
Are you a producer of sardines or other products?
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell sardines.
Ecuador sardines export values
In 2019, Ecuador supplied sardines worth 35.40m USD, an increment of 3.01% from 2018's total sardines export of 34.364m USD. The annual growth in value of Ecuador sardines between 2017 to 2018 was -32.116 percent.
The yearly variation in the amount of Ecuador's sardines exports between 2017 and 2019 was -33.29 per cent when compared to a variation of 3.913% in the growth rate between 2018 and 2019.
Export markets for Ecuador sardines ( in '000$ )
Ecuador imported 1,992 tonnes of sardines in 2019.
Click here for price analysis of Ecuador sardines.
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell sardines
Production of other produce in the Fish category in Ecuador: Live Ornamental Fish, Live Trout, Live Eels, Live Carp, Live Tuna, Live Fish, Trout, Salmon, Halibut Fish and Sole Fish.
See the production of sardines in other countries across South America : Argentina sardines, Bolivia sardines, Brazil sardines, Chile sardines, Colombia sardines, Ecuador sardines, French Guiana sardines, Guyana sardines, Paraguay sardines and Peru sardines.
Nutrition: sardines calories and other nutrition facts