Sri Lanka fish export quantities and HS Codes
In 2019 Sri Lanka exported 3,934 tonnes of fish. Through 2019 alone, the market for Sri Lanka fish (fish category) has shrunk, recording a change of -2.888 pc compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, fish's exports increased by 843.41% netting the nation US$20.91m for the year 2019. Sri Lanka's fish exports are categorised as:
- Fresh or chilled freshwater and saltwater fish (excluding salmonidae, flat fish, tunas, skipjack or stripe-bellied bonito, herrings, cod, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, haddock, coalfish, mackerel, sharks, eels, swordfish and toothfish) (HS code 030269)
- Prepared or preserved fish, whole or in pieces (excluding minced, merely smoked, and salmon, herrings, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, tunas, skipjack, bonito "sarda spp.", mackerel, anchovies and eels) (HS code 160419)
- Frozen fish, n.e.s. (HS code 030389)
- Dried fish, even salted but not smoked (excluding fillets, offal and cod) (HS code 030559)
- Smoked fish, incl. fillets (excluding offal, Pacific salmon, Atlantic salmon, Danube salmon, herring, trout, tilapia, catfish, carp, eels, Nile perch and snakeheads) (HS code 030549)
- Fish, salted or in brine only (excluding fillets, offal, herring, cod, anchovies, tilapia, catfish, carp, eels, Nile perch and snakeheads) (HS code 030569)
- Fresh or chilled fish, n.e.s. (HS code 030289)
- Prepared or preserved fish (excluding whole or in pieces) (HS code 160420)
- Frozen freshwater and saltwater fish (excluding salmonidae, flat fish, tunas, skipjack or stripe-bellied bonito, herrings, cod, swordfish, toothfish, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, haddock, coalfish, mackerel, dogfish and other sharks, eels, sea bass and hake) (HS code 030379)
Are you a producer of fish or other products?
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell fish.
Sign Up To Find Market
Sri Lanka fish export values
In 2019, Sri Lanka sold fish valued at 20.91m USD, a drop of -5.41% from 2018's total fish export of 22.107m USD. The annual reduction in value of Sri Lanka fish between 2017 to 2018 was 628.402 percent.
The per year change in the volume of Sri Lanka's fish exports between 2017 and 2019 was 843.41% compared to a variation of -2.888% in the period between 2018 and 2019.
Sri Lanka's stake of the world's total fish's exports in 2019 was less than 1%. The country holds number 65 in world exports of fish.
Export markets for Sri Lanka fish ( in '000$ )
Sri Lanka is a net importer of fish. The annual growth of Sri Lanka fish in value between 2015 to 2019 was -34%, per annum, while annual growth in quantity through the same period was %, per annum.
Sri Lanka brought in 51,818 tonnes of fish in 2019.
Click here for price analysis of Sri Lanka fish.
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell fish
Production of other produce in the Fish category in Sri Lanka:
Live Ornamental Fish, Live Trout, Live Eels, Live Carp, Live Tuna, Live Fish, Trout, Salmon, Halibut Fish and Sole Fish.
See the production of fish in other countries across :
Kazakhstan fish, Kyrgyzstan fish, Tajikistan fish, Turkmenistan fish, Uzbekistan fish, China fish, Hong Kong fish, Macao fish, North Korea fish and Mongolia fish.
Nutrition: fish calories and other nutrition facts