Romania fish export quantities and HS Codes
The volume of fish sold by Romania in 2020 was 1,554 metric tonnes. In 2019 Romania shipped 1,738 tonnes of fish. For the year 2019 alone, the interest in Romania fish (fish category) has escalated, flactuating by 15.867 pc compared to the year 2018. Between 2017 and 2019, fish's exports grew by 54.08 percent earning the exporter US$7.38m for the year 2019. Romania's fish exports are categorised as:
- Frozen freshwater and saltwater fish (excluding salmonidae, flat fish, tunas, skipjack or stripe-bellied bonito, herrings, cod, swordfish, toothfish, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, haddock, coalfish, mackerel, dogfish and other sharks, eels, sea bass and hake) (HS code 030379)
- Dried fish, even salted but not smoked (excluding fillets, offal and cod) (HS code 030559)
- Fresh or chilled freshwater and saltwater fish (excluding salmonidae, flat fish, tunas, skipjack or stripe-bellied bonito, herrings, cod, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, haddock, coalfish, mackerel, sharks, eels, swordfish and toothfish) (HS code 030269)
- Fresh or chilled fish, n.e.s. (HS code 030289)
- Fish, salted or in brine only (excluding fillets, offal, herring, cod, anchovies, tilapia, catfish, carp, eels, Nile perch and snakeheads) (HS code 030569)
- Prepared or preserved fish (excluding whole or in pieces) (HS code 160420)
- Smoked fish, incl. fillets (excluding offal, Pacific salmon, Atlantic salmon, Danube salmon, herring, trout, tilapia, catfish, carp, eels, Nile perch and snakeheads) (HS code 030549)
- Prepared or preserved fish, whole or in pieces (excluding minced, merely smoked, and salmon, herrings, sardines, sardinella, brisling or sprats, tunas, skipjack, bonito "sarda spp.", mackerel, anchovies and eels) (HS code 160419)
- Frozen fish, n.e.s. (HS code 030389)
Are you a producer of fish or other products?
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell fish.
Sign Up To Find Market
Romania fish export values
In 2019, Romania exported fish costing 7.38m USD, an improvement of 15.19% from 2018's total fish export of 6.407m USD. The annual growth in value of Romania fish between 2017 to 2018 was 43.43%.
The annual variation in the amount of Romania's fish exports between 2017 and 2019 was 54.08 percent compared to a variation of 15.867% in the period between 2018 and 2019.
Romania's share of the world's total fish's exports in 2019 was 1.1 pc. Romania is ranked position 15 in world exports of fish.
Export markets for Romania fish ( in '000$ )
Romania is a net importer of fish. The annual growth of Romania fish in value between 2015 to 2019 was 11%, per year, while annual growth in quantity was 15%, per annum.
Romania ordered 10,360 tonnes of fish in 2019.
Click here for price analysis of Romania fish.
Sign up today for FREE to buy or sell fish
Production of other produce in the Fish category in Romania:
Live Ornamental Fish, Live Trout, Live Eels, Live Carp, Live Tuna, Live Fish, Trout, Salmon, Halibut Fish and Sole Fish.
See the production of fish in other countries across :
Georgia fish, Albania fish, Belarus fish, Bosnia and Herzegovina fish, Bulgaria fish, Croatia fish, Czech Republic fish, Estonia fish, Greece fish and Hungary fish.
Nutrition: fish calories and other nutrition facts